I am revisiting the goals I set for myself in early 2016. I need to see if I have accomplish any or many of what I set out to do and if I need to reassess my goals based on my new career path. My notes are included in purple after the original list item.
- Axure Re-learned in Spring but need to practice skills to keep them fresh
- Sketch No I have not learned this other than watching online tutorials. Not pertinent to my current job, but still would be good to learn.
Improve coding skills
- Refresh my knowledge about CSS and HTML No I have not refreshed my knowledge on this. Not pertinent to my current job, but still would be good to learn.
- “Information Architecture” aka the Polar Bear book Yes! Accomplished
- “Design of Everyday Things” No, still want to.
- “Checklist Manifesto” No, still want to.
- “How to Get People to do Stuff” In the process of reading
- I am adding these two books to my list, which I am in the process of reading and are more related to my new job: “Observing the User Experience” and “Research Methods.”
- Also adding “UX Strategy” since I got it as a going-away gift. Thank you Kristin Kazamaki for the very thoughtful gift.
- Start another “100 Days of Learning” journal, but expand it for the entire year. I have partially done one. It’s not as developed as last year. I would prefer to review last years, and this year’s and focus on writing notes as I see some important content.
- Review the “Learning Stuff” journal from last year I still need to do this.
Write blog posts
- I am shooting to post 30 blog posts in 2016 Well I have 23 right now so I am in a good place to meet that goal.
Join a side project
- I would love to join another project. If you know of any short term projects that need a UX designer, please let me know. I am success at this as I was a UX consultant for Wingspan Arts in NYC. It still needs to go through the redesign, but I helped them organize content and surveyed users and stakeholders to build a better redesign plan.
Build out portfolio
- Improve the content of my portfolio by introducing new clips Did this and also acquired a Dribble account to also showcase my designs.
- Present my acquired knowledge illustrating my software proficiency I have an opportunity to teach an online course in the pipeline, and if it works out, this would help me to meet this goal. Fingers crossed!