I have accepted the challenge: sketchingforux100.
What is this?
- You get emailed 3 interface design concepts that you are to sketch every day.
Why am I doing this?
- I need to sketch more. It’s a skill I seem intimidated by, and therefore tend to avoid. But forcing myself to do it once a day, or in this case, 3 times a day, I am hoping to build confidence in my sketching abilities.
- It’s fun. It’s low investment and it takes me back to my drawing abilities of my youth.
- It’s a challenge. And I am always up for a challenge.
- It’s not time consuming. I like that it’s lightweight and not a high commitment. I am hoping that such a small commitment can be handled with ease.
- I want to be able to have more instinctive design solutions. Perhaps having to draw an idea on the spot will help me develop this design gut instinct.
- Why not? It need to push myself in the area of interaction design, so this is a great start.
Want to join me in this challenge? Just sign up for Krisztina Szerovay’s weekly newsletter and daily UX sketching prompts at her website: https://sketchingforux.com. I will post my sketches here from time to time to show my progress. I hope to get stronger in my concepts as the days go by.