About a month ago, I had the privilege to not only participate, but also help organize a global conference on a local level. It was an invaluable learning experience for me. I made new contacts, gained new skills and helped produce an event that would best be described as a success.
- Weekly meetings keep the group on track.
- Always communicate with the group so everyone is on the same page.
- If you think you are planning early enough, you probably are not. Work ahead of schedule.
- Holidays and time off make keeping things moving difficult.
- Anticipate problem and plan for them in advance.
- Secure the venue ASAP because so many other factors are determined by booking the venue.