Wingspan Arts Website Audit Report
As my project with Wingspan Arts comes to a close, I am pleased to share the results of my Website Audit.
What did I do? I volunteered to perform a Website Audit through Catchafire. For those who don’t know, Catchafire is a website that allows professionals to give back to the community. The professional who volunteers will use his/her skills, be that UX Design, Web development, Graphic design, Marketing and other creative fields. They are providing their exercise to an organization that needs help, and saves that organization sums of money.
What is in a website Audit? A Website Audit report that includes:
- Outline of Organization’s goals for the website
- Feedback on current website’s layout, user functionality, visual design, content and other features
- Recommendations for improvements to help achieve Organization’s desired goals
After I completed the project, I got a wonderful and very lovely review from Rachel, who was my parter in this projects and the representative for Wingspan Arts.
You can read my entire Wingspan Arts Professional Review on the Catchafire website.
Components of the report (download entire report Wingspan Arts Website Audit Summary)
- Mission statement alternatives (shortening suggestions)
- Google analytics
- Surveys (interviews) with stakeholders and users (parents)
- User goals
- Competitive benchmarking
- Content audit and text review
- Design analysis and consistency
- Social media presence and activity
- Strengths and weaknesses of the site
- Information architecture and proposal of new taxonomy (navigation)
- Footer proposal
- Recommendations for improvements
- Wireframes (to share with the developer)
What I gained from the project
- Pride in helping a community center in need
- Exercising professional “muscles” that I don’t get to “flex” on a regular basis at my current job
- Learned more about my UX process
- Working remotely and coordinating meeting and data
- Synthesizing survey results
- Content analysis of the current websites (yes they have 2!)
- Creating a full report summarizing all findings and recommendations
- Feelings of accomplishment that I hoped someone else out, and used my professional skills to do so.
I encourage you to check out Catchafire as well and volunteer your time. They have opportunities that can take as little as an hour, or as much as a few weeks.